Chicken Rice Casserole Ingredients:
6 Tablespoons butter
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced (3 cups)
¼ teaspoon dried rosemary
½ cup all purpose flour
2 cups chicken broth
1½ cups half and half or whole milk
4 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 cups cooked rice
½ cup dry bread crumbs
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 baking pan.
2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Stir in the mushrooms and rosemary, cook until softened (about 5 min.). Stir in the flour until well blended.
4. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and the half and half or milk.
5. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until sauce is thickened and smooth (about five minutes).
6. Mix in the chicken and the cooked rice, combine well. Pour into prepared pan.
7. Mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and 1 Tbsp. melted butter, stir well. Sprinkle on top of the chicken and rice mixture.
8. Bake for 25-35 minutes, until the sauce is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
9. Serve with warm buttered crescent rolls.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.