Herbed Pork Roast with Potatoes
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons chopped dried rosemary
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 (3-4 pound) boneless pork loin roast
4-6 medium red skinned potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Mix the garlic, rosemary, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a small bowl. Rub the pork loin with the mixture and place the pork on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
3. Roast for 50 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cover the potatoes with water in a saucepan, bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes until barely tender. Drain and let cool.
5. Toss the potatoes with the olive oil, thyme, remaining ½ teaspoon of salt, and remaining ½ teaspoon of pepper in a large bowl.
6. Place the potatoes around the pork loin and roast for an additional 45 to 60 minutes or until the pork registers at least 155 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
7. Cover the roast with foil and let stand for about 15 minutes before slicing.