2 pie crusts
½ cup sugar
½ cup light brown sugar
1 Tablespoon flour
1 Tablespoon bitters (optional)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon cloves
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 Tablespoons butter
1 can (29 ounce) pumpkin
1 can (12 ounce) evaporated milk
¼ cup milk
1 cup water
4 Tablespoons butter, softened
⅔ cup light brown sugar
⅔ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
1. Mix sugars, flour, butters, and spices in large bowl.
2. Stir in egg; set aside.
3. Melt butter in large skillet over low heat.
4. Add pumpkin, simmer, stirring occasionally until purée thickens slightly, 10 minutes.
5. Gradually stir hot pumpkin into sugar mix, stir in evaporated milk, milk and 1 cup water. If desired, cover and refrigerate overnight.
1. Prepare crusts.
2. Preheat to 450°F.
3. Spread half the praline mix in each crust. Bake until praline is golden brown and bubbly, around 10 minutes; cool slightly.
4. Reduce oven temp to 400°F.
5. Pour half pumpkin filling into each crust; smooth top with spatula.
6. Bake until pumpkin is firm and crusts are golden brown, about 1 hour. Cool completely and serve.
7. Garnish with whipped cream or topping, if desired.