America is often known as the “melting pot,” due to the variety of cultures that exist within the country. The combination of cultures has a direct effect on many American traditions, including baby names. If you are looking for American baby names for both boys and girls, here are some great options!
- AaralynAaralyn is a American baby girl name of unknown meaning. The name came combining the popular names “Aaron” and “Lynn.”
- AspenAspen is a neutral American baby name that can be used for boys and girls. It means “quaking tree.” Most Americans choose the name due to the popularity of the vacation city of Aspen, Colo.
- AustinAustin is an Americanized version of the name “Augustine,” and is used as a baby boy name. Its meaning is “great and magnificent,” and the name is typically chosen in honor of the popular Texas city of Austin.
- Bam Bam is an American boy baby name. The meaning of the name is “noise of a hard slam.” Bam is a name appropriate for parents who want a truly creative name for their child. Bam Bam from “The Flintstones” is the most famous character to have the name.
- BriaBria is an American girl name. The name came from Americans shortening other names, such as Brianna and Cambria, in order to come up with a new name. “Bri” means “high, strong and exalted.”
- Carolena Carolena is an American baby name primarily used for baby girls. The meaning of the name is “little and womanly.”
- Chakotay Chakotay is an American baby name primarily used for boys. The meaning of the name is “man who walks the earth but who only sees th esky.” The Native American name was featured on the popular American science fiction show, “Star Trek: Voyager.”
- Chalondra Chalondra is a female baby name of American origins. The name comes from combining the names Charlotte and Alondra.
- Colson Colson is an American boy baby name. It does not have a clear meaning associated with the name, but is believed to have originated from “Cole's son.”
- DakotaDakota is an American baby name that can be used for boys and girls. The meaning of the name is “the allies,” but the name also refers to a Native American tribe.
- DarleneDarlene is a female American baby name. The name means “little darling.”
- EmberlyEmberly is an American girl baby name. The name is taken from the word “ember,” which refers to a low, steady flame.
- Graceland Graceland is a gender neutral American baby name. The name means “land of grace.” It is popular among Americans because Graceland is the name of Elvis Presley's home in Memphis, Tenn.
- Hawkeye Hawkeye is a neutral American baby name. The name Hawkeye means “vigilant.” The unusual name is typically chosen due to the popular American TV character in M*A*S*H named Hawkeye or the popular Marvel comics superhero by the same name. People from the state of Iowa are also referred to as Hawkeyes, and expectant parents may name their children Hawkeye after the state.
- JaceJace is an American baby boy's name. It is a shortened form of Jason and means “to heal.” Although Jace is the popular spelling, Jase is an alternative spelling.
- Jazz Jazz is an American baby name that can be used for both boys and girls. Its meaning comes from jazz music, a popular American music form that debuted in New Orleans, Louisiana in the early 20th century.
- Kameryn Kameryn is an American baby name suitable for both boys and girls. The name means “crooked nose,” and is an Americanized version of the name Cameron.
- Kylo Kylo is a newly popular American boy baby name. The name means “sky,” and the most famous Kylo is the fictional Kylo Ren, son of Princess Leia and Han Solo in “Star Wars: The Sequel Trilogy.”
- Makeiah Makeiah is an American baby name that can be used for boys or girls. The name does not have a confirmed meaning, and is popular for parents who want a truly unique name for their son or daughter
- Maryland Maryland is an unusual American baby name that is used for both boys and girls. The name comes from the American state of Maryland, named by American colonists to honor Queen Henrietta Maria of England.
- MylieMylie is an American baby girl name, with roots in the American state of Hawaii. Although Mylie is the popular spelling of the name, the original Hawaiian name was spelled “Maile.” The name means “vine.”
- RichelleRichelle is an American baby name suitable for girls. The name is a combination of the names “Richard” and “Michelle.”
- ShemarShemar is a popular American boys name that means “to keep, watch, preserve.” The name's popularity in the US can be traced to the American actor Shemar Moore.
- Tex Tex is an American baby boy name. The name means “from Texas.” Famous Americans with the name include musicians Tex Ritter and Tex Williams.
- ZaydenZayden is an American baby name that is gender neutral. Its meaning is “increasing, surplus.” The name is American in origin and may be an Americanized version of the Hebrew name Zaide.
Search from thousands of beautiful baby names on MomsWhoThink.com!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©alanadesign/Shutterstock.com.