Aspen is a girl’s baby name that comes from the name of the aspen tree. Aspen is a modern English baby name. It is one of the botanical names that has been rising in popularity in the last decade.
Meaning of the name Aspen:
English: the aspen tree
Origin of the name Aspen:
Aspen is a modern English baby name that comes from the name of the aspen tree. Aspen comes from the Old English term “æspe”.
Symbolism of the name Aspen:
The aspen tree is symbolic of many things including focus and clarity, resurrection, determination, victory, and overcoming struggle.
Style of the name Aspen:
Gender of the name Aspen:
Aspen is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Aspen:
Number of syllables in the name Aspen:
Emotion evoked from the name Aspen:
Aspen evokes feelings of peace and natural strength.
Alternative spellings for the name Aspen:
Nicknames for the name Aspen:
Popularity of the name Aspen:
According to the Social Security Administration, Aspen is a girl’s baby name that first became popular in 1993. Aspen was #224 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Aspen:
Great middle names for the name Aspen and their meanings:
- Freya (noble woman)
- Dagny (new day)
- Eir (mercy)
- Elodie (foreign riches)
- Ilsa (pledged to God)
- Hattie (estate ruler)
- Sage (wise)
- Briar (thorny patch)
- Faye (fairy)
- Willa (resolute protection)
Famous people with the name Aspen:
- Aspen Miller (American voice actress)
- Aspen K. Somers (American actress)
- Aspen Mansfield (American influencer)
- Aspen Joy Dale (YouTuber from The Dale Tribe)
- Aspen Ladd (American mixed martial artist)
Aspen in popular culture:
- Lady Aspen (literature, Mistmantle Chronicles by M. I. McAllister)
- Aspen Matthews (comics, Fathom by Michael Turner)
- Aspen Bishop (literature, “The Swap” by Megan Shull)
- Aspen Fair (television, “Greenhouse Academy”)
- Aspen (television, “South Park”)