Alyson is an appealing baby name for girls that balances cuteness with strength. Additionally, the name Alyson comes with numerous variants and nicknames for parents to enjoy. Keep reading to discover more information about this traditional name.
Meaning of the name Alyson:
Norman French for “noble”.
Origin of the name Alyson:
Alyson is a variant of the popular name “Alison”, a name which initially began as a medieval French nickname for the name “Alis”. At the time, that was an old form of “Alice”, giving the name Alyson that connection as well.
Symbolism of the name Alyson:
Alyson is a baby name for girls that has a high-ranking and noble feeling thanks to its meaning. This can allow the name Alyson to symbolize leadership, power, and strength.
Style of the name Alyson:
Gender of the name Alyson:
The baby name Alyson is typically used for girls.
Pronunciation of the name Alyson:
Number of syllables in the name Alyson:
Emotion evoked from the name Alyson:
The baby name Alyson has a cute feeling to it overall with this spelling variation appearing more lighthearted and free-spirited.
Alternative spellings for the name Alyson:
Nicknames for the name Alyson:
Popularity of the name Alyson:
According to the Social Security Index, the baby name Alyson has yet to rank within the top 1000 of popular names for girls.
Related names for the name Alyson:
Great middle names for Alyson and their meanings:
- Parker (park keeper)
- Liza (pledged to God)
- Eryn (from the island to the west)
- Riley (rye clearing; courageous)
- Bridget (strength; exalted one)
- Madeline (high tower; woman from Magdala)
- Isabel (pledged to God)
- Iris (rainbow)
Famous people with the name Alyson:
- Alyson (American singer-songwriter, producer)
- Alyson Hannigan (American actress)
- Alyson Court (Canadian actress)
- Alyson Kiperman (American actress)
- Alyson Stoner (American actress, singer, dancer)
- Alyson Reed (American actress, dancer)
- Alyson Spiro (British actress)
- Alyson Williams (American rhythm and blues musician)
- Alyson Croft (American actress)
Alysons in movies/pop culture:
The baby name Alyson doesn’t appear to be widely used throughout pop culture.