Becket is an English and Irish name derived from a surname meaning “bee hive, little brooke, bee cottage, or beak”. Beckett only gained popularity as a given name in 2003. It’s impossible to ignore the connection of the name to Nobel prize winning author of “Waiting for Godot” Samuel Beckett
Meaning of the name Beckett:
English/Irish: bee hive, little brook, bee cottage, beak
Origin of the name Beckett:
Beckett is an English and Irish name meaning “bee hive, bee cottage, little brook, or beak”. It is derived from a Middle English surname that has several possible origins. It may be linked to the term “beke” meaning “beak” or “bekke” meaning “stream or broke”.
Symbolism of the name Beckett:
It would be hard not to see why bees are seen as symbols of hard work, industriousness, and community.
Style of the name Beckett:
Gender of the name Beckett:
Beckett is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Beckett:
Number of syllables in the name Beckett:
Emotion evoked from the name Beckett:
Beckett evokes feelings of creativity and success.
Alternative spellings for the name Beckett:
Nicknames for the name Beckett:
Popularity of the name Beckett:
According to the Social Security Administration, Beckett is a recently popular boy’s name that first appeared in the top 1000 names in 2003. It was ranked #207 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Beckett:
Great middle names for the name Beckett and their meanings:
- Chandler (candle maker)
- Lowell (young wolf)
- Langston (tall man's town)
- Tennyson (son of Dennis)
- Crane (crane)
- Raleigh (meadow of roe deer)
- Austen (great)
Famous people with the name Beckett:
- Beckett Bould (British actor)
- Samuel Beckett (Irish Nobel Prize-winning writer)
- Thomas a Becket (Catholic Archbishop)
Becketts in popular culture:
- Beckett Fowl (literature, Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer)
- Beckett (video games, “Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines”)
- Beckett Mariner (television, “Star Trek: Lower Decks”)
- Beckett Sinclair (literature, “Possessed” by Elise Noble)