Enzo is an Italian baby name that first became popular in the US in 2003. Popularity has risen every year, hitting #173 in 2020.
Meaning of the name Enzo:
Italian: from Laurentum, giant, home ruler, to conquer
Origin of the name Enzo:
Enzo is an Italian baby name that has four possible origins. Enzo is the Italian form of the Germanic name Heinz meaning “home ruler”. It is the diminutive of Italian names Vincenzo meaning “to conquer” and Lorenzo meaning “from Laurentum”. Lastly, it is the Italian version of the Germanic name Anzo meaning “giant”.
Symbolism of the name Enzo:
Enzo is associated with ruling and conquering and symbolized by the sword and shield.
Style of the name Enzo:
Gender of the name Enzo:
Enzo is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Enzo:
Number of syllables in the name Enzo:
Emotion evoked from the name Enzo:
Enzo evokes feelings of passion and strength.
Alternative spellings for the name Enzo:
Nicknames for the name Enzo:
Popularity of the name Enzo:
According to the Social Security Administration, Enzo is a recently popular boy’s baby name in the US. It first entered the top 1000 in 2003 and reached #173 in 2020.
Related names for the name Enzo:
Great middle names for the name Enzo and their meanings:
- Calhoun (from the narrow forest)
- Keats (kite)
- Atticus (from Attica)
- Finn (fair or white)
- Augustin (exalted)
- Mason (stoneworker)
- Lucian (light)
- Rowan (the tree, little redhead)
- Elliott (Jehovah is God)
- RIan (little king)
Famous people with the name Enzo:
- Enzo Anselmo Ferrari (founder of the Ferrari car brand)
- Enzo Amore (American pro wrestler)
- Enzo Alan Zidane (French footballer)
- Enzo Trossero (Argentinian footballer)
Enzo in popular culture:
- Enzo (television, “Vampire Diaries”)
- Enzo Valenciano (literature, “The Young Elites” by Marie Lu)
- Enzo Gorlomi (film, “Inglourious Basterds”)
- Enzo (television, “Katekyo Hitman Reborn!”)