Ivana is the feminine form of the name Ivan. It is a Slavic name that is also popular in southern Ireland, France, areas of Canada, Latin America, and the Mediterranean.
Meaning of the name Ivana
Serbian: Gift from God, gift from the heavens, very small, precious
Origin of the name Ivana
Ivana is a name that is Slavic in origin.
Symbolism of the name Ivana
Ivana tends to finish what she starts. She is compassionate, intuitive, and loving. She is also quite lucky. Ivana tends to be creative and intuitive. She works hard to achieve emotional and financial security.
Style of the name Ivana
Gender of the name Ivana
Ivana is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Ivana
Number of syllables in the name Ivana
Emotion evoked from the name Ivana
Ivana is a sympathetic friend, but she can sometimes be touchy and overly sensitive. She is a peacemaker and always desires harmony and balance. She is also patient and maybe shy.
Alternative spellings for the name Ivana
Nicknames for the name Ivana
Popularity of the name Ivana
Ivana became popular on the charts around 1990. It slowly declined on the charts until the year 2000 when it shot back up. By 2010, it had dropped again.
Related names for the name Ivana
Great middle names for Ivana and their meanings
- Maryam (rebellious)
- Pamela (all honey, sweetness)
- Jubita (gift of God)
- Andrea (strong and brave)
- Carol (strong or joyful)
- Alexia (defender of men)
- Mariel (star of the sea)
- Christie (follower of Christ)
- Erika (ever powerful)
Famous people with the name Ivana
- Ivana (Bulgarian pop-folk singer)
- Ivana Alawi (Filipina actress and model)
- Ivana Hong (American gymnast
- Ivana Millicevic (American actress)
- Ivana Selakov (Serbian singer)
- Ivana Lie (Indonesian badminton player)
- Ivana Trump (Czech-American socialite)
- Ivana Peters (Serbian singer)
- Ivana Vecerova (Czech basketball player)
Ivanas in popular culture
Ivana Baiul (fictional character in DV8 and Gen)