Evie is a popular diminutive of several names like Eve, Evelyn, Evangeline, and Genevieve. Evie is a light hearted, cute alternative to these more formal names. Evie is popular alongside other nickname names like Ollie, Nellie, Rosie, and Josie.
Meaning of the name Evie:
French: woman of the race
Origin of the name Evie:
Evie is an English girl’s name that is the diminutive of several names including Eve, Evelyn, Evangeline, and Genevieve. The name has origins in Hebrew, German, and French.
Symbolism of the name Evie:
The name Evie is associated with the beautiful lily of the valley. These delicate, fragrant flowers are beloved in France and are associated with humility, purity, and sweetness.
Style of the name Evie:
Gender of the name Evie:
Evie is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Evie:
Number of syllables in the name Evie:
Emotion evoked from the name Evie:
Evie evokes feelings of independence and energy.
Alternative spellings for the name Evie:
Eevie, Eavie, Evy
Nicknames for the name Evie:
Popularity of the name Evie:
According to the Social Security Administration, Evie is a baby girl’s name that was popular at the beginning of the 20th century and returned to popularity in 2007. The name fell off of the top 1000 baby names between 1942 and 2006.
Related names for the name Evie:
Great middle names for the name Evie and their meanings:
- June (juniper berries)
- Charlotte (free man)
- Claire (bright, clear)
- Kate (pure)
- Anne (grace)
- Caro (free man)
- Chanel (dweller near the canal)
- Cheyenne (different language)
Famous people with the name Evie:
- Evie Dolan (American actress and guitarist)
- Evie Hone (English actress)
- Evelyn “Evie” Wyld (Anglo-Australian novelist)
- Eva “Evie” Hone (Irish painter)
- Evie Dominikovic (Australian tennis player)
Evies in popular culture:
- Evie Carnahan (film, The Mummy series)
- Evie Frye (video games, “Assassin's Creed: Syndicate”)
- Evie (film, “Disney’s Descendants”)
- Evie Choc (television, “Orphan Black”)
- Evie Wilcox (literature, “Howard's End” by E. M. Forster)