Jerrell is a suave baby name for boys. As a reinterpretation of an ancient surname, Jerrell is a hallmark of youngsters with determination. The name also made its mark on popular culture in the 20th century. Jerrell Jackson is a main character in the drama film True to the Game, and Jerrell Street is the subject of short story by Pearl S. Buck. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Jerrell:
German: Spear ruler
Origin of the name Jerrell:
Jerrell is a modern interpretation of the English surname Gerald. This name derived the Germanic elements ger (meaning “spear”) and wald (meaning “rule”). The Normans adopted the name as Gérald and brought it to England during the Middle Ages. English culture revived the name Gerald during the 19th century and further stylized it as Jerrell in the 20th century.
Symbolism of the name Jerrell:
Jerrell originates from a Germanic name that meant “spear ruler.” The Germanic symbol of the spear is the valknut. This symbol consisted of three interlocked triangles associated with the god Odin.
Style of the name Jerrell:
Gender of the name Jerrell:
Jerrell is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Jerrell:
Number of syllables in the name Jerrell:
Emotion evoked from the name Jerrell:
The name Jerrell evokes feelings of power and prowess.
Alternative spellings for the name Jerrell:
Nicknames for the name Jerrell:
Popularity of the name Jerrell:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Jerrell was the 922nd most popular baby name for boys in 1994.
Related names for the name Jerrell:
Great middle names for Jerrell and their meanings:
- Abel (breath, vapor)
- Chauncey (chancellor, fortune, gamble)
- Dalton (valley town)
- Fordham (wading settlement)
- Matteo (gift of God)
- Mylo (soldier)
- Neville (new town)
- Randall (wolf shield)
- Richard (brave ruler)
- Priestley (priest's meadow)
- Taylor (tailor)
- Wendell (traveler, sojourner, wanderer)
Famous people with the name Jerrell:
- Jerrell Anderson (actor)
- Jarrell Camper (screenwriter)
- Jerrell Alexander Freeman (linebacker)
- Jerrell Camrona Jones (singer)
- Jerrell Pippens (actor)
- Jerrell Quartez Powe (football player)
- Jerrell Harris Shofner (historian)
- Jerrell Lee Wesley (actor)
Jerrell in popular culture:
- Jerrell Jackson (main character in the drama film True to the Game)
- Jerrell(subject of short story by Nobel Prize winner Pearl S. Buck)