Juniper is a modern English botanical name that comes from the Latin word for “young”. Juniper appeared in the top 1000 names in 2011 and has already broken into the top 200 as of 2020.
Meaning of the name Juniper:
English: young, evergreen bush
Origin of the name Juniper:
Juniper is a modern English baby girl’s name that means “young”. Juniper refers both to the evergreen bush and the berries it produces.
Symbolism of the name Juniper:
Juniper is an evergreen and is symbolic of lasting potential, divinity, strength, and protection of loved ones.
Style of the name Juniper:
Gender of the name Juniper:
Juniper is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Juniper:
Number of syllables in the name Juniper:
Emotion evoked from the name Juniper:
Juniper evokes feelings of curiosity and joy.
Alternative spellings for the name Juniper:
Jooniper, Junyper, Juneper
Nicknames for the name Juniper:
Popularity of the name Juniper:
According to the Social Security Administration, Juniper is a modern English baby girl’s name that has been popular since 2011. Juniper rose rapidly in popularity and is #174 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Juniper:
Great middle names for the name Juniper and their meanings:
- Maeve (she who intoxicates)
- Maisie (pearl)
- Cleo (glory)
- Theodora (gift of God)
- Shiloh (tranquil)
- Alaia (joyful, happy)
- Milena (love, warmth, grace)
- Vienna (forest stream)
- Waverly (meadow of quivering aspens)
- Amirah (princess)
Famous people with the name Juniper:
- Juniper(pen name of American authors Margaret Wise Brown and Edith Thacher Hurd)
- Juniper Shuey (American visual artist)
- Saint Juniper (Catholic saint)
Juniper in popular culture:
- Juniper Lee (television, “The Life and Times Of Juniper Lee”)
- Juniper Pearl (film, “Benny and Joon”)
- Juniper Blythe (literature, “The Distant Hours” by Kate Morton)
- Juniper Woods (video game, “Ace Attorney”)
- Juniper (literature, “Juniper” by Monica Furlong)