Lev is a cute and simple alternative to more popular names like Zeb and Levi. It will make your son stand out as it is only a top 1,800 option. Lev can also honor your family history, as it is popular in Hebrew and Russian cultures.
Meaning of the name Lev:
Origin of the name Lev:
Lev is a multicultural baby name. In Hebrew, it is a simple option that means “heart.” In Russian, it is a variation of Leo. Lev is vernacular in a way to the eastern European people. It was even the real name of Leo Tolstoy.
Symbolism of the name Lev:
In Hebrew, Lev translates directly to “heart.” In Russian, it means “lion.” This latter meaning is because Lev is a variation of Leo.
Style of the name Lev:
Classical or traditional
Gender of the name Lev:
Lev is a wholesome name for boys.
Pronunciation of the name Lev:
Number of syllables in the name Lev:
Emotion evoked from the name Lev:
Lev is wholesome and simple. It is cute and youthful.
Alternative spellings for the name Lev:
Nicknames for the name Lev:
Popularity of the name Lev:
Lev is not a top 1,000 baby name option in America. In 2021, it is on the rise, however, and ranks on the top 1,800 list. More specifically, it is number 1,761.
Related names for the name Lev:
Great middle names for Lev and their meanings:
- Uriah (my light is Jehovah)
- Emery (brave, powerful, ruler)
- Alexander (defender of men)
- Elias (the Lord is my God)
- Orlando (famous land, heroic)
- Romano (from Rome)
- Jasper (treasurer)
- Drake (dragon, snake)
Famous people with the name Lev:
- Lev Tolstoy (novelist, Leo Tolstoy)
- Lev Bronshtein (birth name of Leon Trotsky)
- Lev Landau (physicist)
- Lev Vygotsky (psychologist)
- Lev Grossman (novelist, journalist)
- Lev Yashin (soccer player)
- Lev Vainshtein (Olympic shooter)
- Lev Spiro (film director, “Beverly Hills Chihuahuas”)
- Lev Alburt (chess grandmaster)
Levs in popular culture:
- Lev Shapiro (character from “Frances Ha”)
- Lev Haiba (character from “Haikyuu!!”)
- Lev Shults (character from “The Eye of the Heron”)