Mychal is an angelic baby name. This variant of Michael carries all of the strength and beauty of the original name with a graceful twist. Keep reading to learn why Mychal is such a powerful baby name for a boy.
Meaning of the name Mychal:
Hebrew: Who is like God?
Origin of the name Mychal
Hebrew. Mychal is a variation of the Hebrew word mīkhā'ē'l. In Christianity, it is the name of one of the seven archangels.
Symbolism of the name Mychal:
Mychal is closely associated with Michael the Archangel. It is a name that symbolizes strength and virtue.
Style of the name Mychal:
Gender of the name Mychal:
Mychal is a traditionally masculine name across many different cultures.
Pronunciation of the name Mychal:
Syllables in the name Mychal:
Emotion evoked from the name Mychal:
The name Mychal is strong, powerful, and classic while also adding a bit of whimsy due to its unique spelling.
Alternative spellings for the name Mychal:
Micheal, Mikael, Mikhael.
Nicknames for the name Mychal:
Mickey, Mike, Mikey.
Popularity of the name Mychal:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Mychal made the list of the 1,000 most popular baby names every year from 1987 to 1990.
Related names for the name Mychal:
Great middle names for Mychal and their meanings:
- Claude (stuttering)
- Evan (the Lord is gracious)
- Fitzpatrick (son of the nobleman)
- Gavin (white hawk)
- Paulo (humble)
- Pearce (rock)
- Quinton (farmstead, estate)
- Troy (foot soldier)
- Vern (alder tree)
- Vincent (to conquer)
Famous people with the name Mychal:
- Mychal Ammons (American basketball player)
- Mychal Givens (American baseball pitcher)
- Mychal Green (American basketball player)
- Mychal Kearse (American basketball player)
- Mychal Kendricks (American football linebacker)
- Mychal(American priest who served as a chaplain to the New York City Fire Department during the September 11 attacks)
- Mychal Rivera (American football tight end)
- Mychal Denzel Smith (writer)
Mychals in movies/pop culture:
- Mychal Turner (character in John Green's “Turtles All the Way Down”)