Saige is a modern baby girl’s name that is a variant spelling of Sage. Saige means “wise, prophet” or can also refer to the herb sage. Saige is less popular than the more common spelling of the name.
Meaning of the name Saige:
English: wise, prophet, or refers to the herb
Origin of the name Saige:
Saige is a modern English girl’s name that means “wise, prophet” or refers to the herb sage. Saige is a variant spelling of the name Sage.
Symbolism of the name Saige:
The herb sage has had many medicinal and spiritual uses. Sage was once considered to be a powerful healing herb. Sage is also used to cleanse negativity by lighting a bundle on fire and wafting the smoke around the space.
Style of the name Saige:
Gender of the name Saige:
Saige is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Saige:
Number of syllables in the name Saige:
Emotion evoked from the name Saige:
Sage evokes feelings of wisdom and healing.
Alternative spellings for the name Saige:
Sage, Sayge, Saje, Sayg
Nicknames for the name Saige:
Popularity of the name Saige:
According to the Social Security Administration, Saige is a modern baby girl’s name that first became popular in 1999. Saige has reached #595 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Saige:
Great middle names for the name Saige and their meanings:
- Ophelia (helper)
- Lyra (lyre player)
- Persephone (dark blue, dread queen)
- Elodie (foreign riches)
- Aurelia (golden one)
- Emmeline (work)
- Amari (eternal)
- Olivia (olive tree)
- Harper (harp player)
- Eden (paradise)
Famous people with the name Saige:
- Saige Thompson (American actress)
- Sage Francis (American rapper)
- Sage Karam (American racing driver)
- Sage Beckett (American professional wrestler)
- Sage Elsesser (American rapper)
Saige in popular culture:
- Sage Spence (television, “Gossip Girl”)
- Sage Lund (television, “Lincoln Heights”)
- Ophelia “O” Sage (film, “Savages”)
- Sage Warner Newman (television, “The Young and the Restless”)
- Sage Snyder (television, “As the World Turns”)