Santino is a charming baby name used for boys. Santino is also a diminutive version of another Italian name. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Santino:
Italian for “little saint”.
Origin of the name Santino:
Santino is taken from the Italian name “Santo”, which translates to “saint”. Meanwhile, that Italian word is derived from a Latin term “sanctus”. This gives the baby name Santino both Italian and Latin origins.
Symbolism of the name Santino:
With the name’s connection to saints, Santino comes across as something sacred. There is strength, acceptance, and devotion found in such a name like Santino.
Style of the name Santino:
Gender of the name Santino:
Santino is a name for baby boys.
Pronunciation of the name Santino:
Number of syllables in the name Santino:
Emotion evoked from the name Santino:
There is a stylish and timeless feel to the baby name Santino.
Alternative spellings for the name Santino:
There are no popular alternative spellings for the baby name Santino.
Nicknames for the name Santino:
Popularity of the name Santino:
According to the Social Security Index, Santino saw an uptick recently in terms of popularity, ranking #443 in 2020.
Related names for the name Santino:
Great middle names for Santino and their meanings:
- Alonzo (noble, ready)
- Gianni (God is gracious)
- Ricco (dominant ruler)
- Gabriel (God is my strength)
- Miguel (who is like God)
- Ciro (sun)
- Dante (enduring)
- Andres (strong and manly)
Famous people with the name Santino:
- Santino Ferrucci (American race car driver)
- Santino Marella (ring name for Canadian WWE wrestler Anthony Carelli)
- Santino Rice (American fashion designer)
- Santino Fontana (American actor)
- Santino Quaranta (American soccer player)
Santinos in movies/pop culture:
- SantinoCorleone (the character in the novel and film The Godfather)
- Santino (a character in The Vampire Chronicles book series)
- Santino(the character in the religious drama TV series May Bukas Pa)