1 pound ground chuck
2 medium onions, chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 can Chopped jalapenos (4 ounces)
2 (14-ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground black pepper
grated sharp cheddar
sliced green onions (white and green parts)
1. Brown the ground chuck over medium heat in a Dutch oven.
2. Add the onions and green pepper and continue to cook until the meat is completely browned and the onions and peppers are tender.
3. Add garlic and jalapenos and cook until fragrant. Drain of any fat and discard.
4. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, chili powder and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat to low.
5. Simmer for 35 minutes. Season with ground black pepper. Garnish with shredded Cheddar, sour cream, sliced green onions, and crumbled corn chips.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.