Even if the weather isn't cooperating with you, and you suspect summer just might never arrive, it’ll feel like summer time when you make a batch of our delicious healthy potato salad.
We added sweet pickle relish to give it just a hint of sweetness, and celery for texture and color. Be sure to allow enough time for thorough chilling, and to give the flavors a chance to blend together well.
1 pound (4 medium) potatoes, washed, peeled
1 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
1/2 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup salad dressing, mayonnaise-type
1. Wash potatoes; place in sauce pan. Cover with water and bring to boil. Simmer until soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool.
2. Dice onion and chop celery; combine with pickle relish.
3. Add salad dressing to pickle mixture.
4. Cube potatoes and blend with dressing.
5. Cover and chill several hours.
Makes 4 Servings, 1-1/2 cups each
Total fat 24 grams
Saturated fat 3 grams
Sodium 290 milligrams
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!