1 (7 ½ ounce) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1 Tablespoon butter
1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into cubes
1 (8 ounce) ham steak, cut into cubes
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
1 cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
¾ cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare the biscuits according to package directions
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the chicken and ham; cook, stirring occasionally, into the chicken is almost cooked through, about 6 minutes.
4. Add the garlic, onion, and mixed vegetables.
5. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
6. Stir in broth, thyme, and pepper; cook 2 minutes.
7. Blend cornstarch with the milk in a small bowl, and stir into the skillet. Bring mixture to a boil and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
8. Top the skillet with the biscuits and serve. Makes 6 servings.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.