2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons orange zest
1½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ cup shortening
¾ cup orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
1½ cups chopped cranberries
1½ cups chopped walnuts
1 (8 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
2 Tablespoons brown sugar, packed
¼ cup margarine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spray or grease a 12 cup and 6 cup muffin tin.
3. Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, orange peel, nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger.
4. Cut in shortening; stir in juice, vanilla, eggs, cranberries and nuts.
5. Pour into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes or until brown.
6. Prepare the topping in a saucepan over low heat by whisking together the cranberry sauce, brown sugar and margarine.
7. Cook until heated and smooth. Remove from heat and serve as a spread for the muffins.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.