Amal is a unisex baby name. It is a Hebrew boy’s name that means “work, laborer.” It is also an Arabic girl’s name that means “hope, inspiration.” Amal has never been that common in the U.S. One of the best-known namesakes is Amal Ramzi Clooney, a world-renowned human rights attorney and actor George Clooney’s wife. If you want to know more about this unique yet beautiful unisex name, keep reading.
Meaning and Origin of the name Amal:
Amal is a unisex baby name. It is a boy’s name of Hebrew origin, meaning “work, laborer,” and a girl’s name of Arabic origin, which means “hope, inspiration.”
Symbolism of the name Amal:
Amal means “hope, inspiration” in Arabic. Symbols associated with hope include iris, cornflower, forget-me-not, sunflowers, poppies, doves, butterflies, and horses.
Nicknames for the name Amal:
Style of the name Amal:
Gender of the name Amal:
Amal is a unisex baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Amal:
Number of syllables in the name Amal:
Emotion evoked from the name Amal:
Amal evokes feelings of hard work and inspiration.
Alternative spellings for the name Amal:
Popularity of the name Amal:
According to the Social Security Administration, Amal is an uncommon unisex baby name that has never been in the top 1000 baby names list.
Related names for the name Amal:
Great middle names for the name Amal and their meanings:
- Samir (a friend to talk with in the evening)
- Rayan (land that is lush and rich in water)
- Zidan (growth, progress)
- Rami (wise protector, father of multitudes, archer, pleasing)
- Malik (king, wave)
- Hamza (lion, strong)
- Idris (lord, studious)
- Sahil (guide, leader)
- Laila (night)
- Nadia (hope, tender, delicate)
- Zara (blooming flower, God remembers)
- Arya (respectable, awe-inspiring, goddess)
- Farrah (happiness)
- Maryam (drop of the sea, bitter, beloved)
- Mira (admirable, peace, female ruler, ocean)
- Asiyah (resurrection)
Famous people with the name Amal:
- Amal Ramzi Clooney (Lebanese-British human rights attorney)
- Amal al’Atrash (Egyptian singer and actress)
- Amal Hijazi (Lebanese singer)
- Amal Arafa (Syrian actress and singer)
- Amal Omari McCaskill (American basketball player)
Amal in popular culture:
- AmalNasrullah Abdel Hakim (literature, “Does My Head Look Big in This?” by Randa Abdel-Fattah)
- Amal (television, “Aladdin the series”)
- Amal (video games, “Elder Scrolls Online”)
- Amal Franson (video games, “Dark Rose Valkyrie”)
- Amal (literature, “Amal Unbound” by Aisha Saeed)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Prostock-studio/Shutterstock.com.