Angelo is an Italian baby boy’s name that means “angel, messenger”. Angelo has remained consistently popular since 1900, ranking in the 200-400 range for nearly the entire century. Despite consistent popularity, Angelo manages not to sound dated or old fashioned.
Meaning of the name Angelo:
Italian: angel, messenger
Origin of the name Angelo:
Angelo is an Italian baby boy’s name that means “angel, messenger”. Angelo comes from the Latin name Angelus and the Latin term “angelos”.
Symbolism of the name Angelo:
Angelo as a name refers to angels. Angels are the servants and messengers of God in the Hebrew Bible. Angels are symbols of guidance, protection, knowledge, and wisdom.
Style of the name Angelo:
Gender of the name Angelo:
Angelo is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Angelo:
Number of syllables in the name Angelo:
Emotion evoked from the name Angelo:
Angelo evokes feelings of honor and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Angelo:
Angielo, Anghelo, Engelo
Nicknames for the name Angelo:
Popularity of the name Angelo:
According to the Social Security Administration, Angelo is a popular boy’s name. Angelo has been in the top 1000 baby names since 1900 and has remained consistently popular.
Related names for the name Angelo:
Great middle names for the name Angelo and their meanings:
- Giovanni (God is gracious)
- Salvatore (savior)
- Ignacio (fiery)
- Augustin (the exalted one)
- Tomas (twin)
- Dominic (belonging to the lord)
- Raphael (God has healed)
- Xavier (new house)
- Tristan (noise or sorrowful)
- Rhys (ardor)
Famous people with the name Angelo:
- Angelo Badalamenti (American film composer)
- Angelo F. Taylor (American Olympic hurdler)
- Angelo John Poffo (American pro wrestler)
- Angelo Dundee (American boxing trainer)
- Angelo Mosca (American CFL player and pro wrestler)
Angelo in popular culture:
- Angelo Sorrento (television, “Switched at Birth”)
- Angelo (television, “The Pretender”)
- Angelo Esposito (film, “The Flyboys”)
- Angelo (video game, “Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King”)
- Angelo Lagusa (television, “91 Days”)