Arden is an English baby name that comes from either Celtic (meaning “high”) or Latin (meaning “valley of the eagle”). Arden is a fairly uncommon name that is solidly unisex. Arden has a peaceful, nature-loving sound to it that deserves more love.
Meaning of the name Arden:
Latin: valley of the eagle
Origin of the name Arden:
Arden is an English unisex baby name that derives either from pan-Celtic meaning “high” or from Latin meaning “valley of the eagle”. Arden is the name of several locations in England.
Symbolism of the name Arden:
Eagles were a prominent symbol to the ancient Romans and used as the standard for the Roman legion. Eagles also held religious significance.
Style of the name Arden:
Gender of the name Arden:
Arden is a name for both boys and girls.
Pronunciation of the name Arden:
Number of syllables in the name Arden:
Emotion evoked from the name Arden:
Arden evokes feelings of peace and nature.
Alternative spellings for the name Arden:
Nicknames for the name Arden:
Popularity of the name Arden:
According to the Social Security Administration, Arden is a unique unisex baby name. Arden was briefly popular as a girl’s name in the 1930’s and again from 2015 to 2019. As a boy’s name Arden was popular from 1900 to 1957.
Related names for the name Arden:
Great middle names for the name Arden and their meanings:
Famous people with the name Arden:
- Arden Cho (American actress)
- Arden Rose Ricks (American YouTube vlogger)
- Arden Myrin (American actress)
- Elizabeth Arden (Canadian-American businesswoman)
Arden in popular culture:
- Arden (television, “Down the Shore”)
- Arden (literature, “Eve” by Anna Carey)
- Squire Edgar Arden (literature, “Squire Arden” by Margaret Oliphant)
- Dr. Arden (television, “American Horror Story: Asylum”)