Avani is a beautiful baby girl’s name that means “the good earth” in Sanskrit. Avani is particularly popular in India but hasn’t gained the same influence in the US. It deserves a chance for both the beautiful sound and lovely meaning.
Avani is a baby girl’s name of Sanskrit origin and is a beautiful name that means “the good earth”. The earth is a symbol of fertility and nurturing. Many cultures throughout history have associated the earth with a mother goddess figure.
Nicknames for Avani
Avani evokes feelings of beauty and nurturing. If you're looking to nickname the Avani in your life, we've got a great list of options for you to choose from. However, feel free to come up with something unique that best suits their individual personality.
Avani Name Details
Gender: Avani is traditionally considered to be a girls name.
Alternative Spelling for Avani
Avani Name Popularity
According to the Social Security Administration, Avani is an uncommon baby girl’s name. Avani has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names list.
Related Names for Avani
Great Middle Names for Avani and Their Meanings
- Rayna (song of the Lord)
- Mina (child of the red earth, south, blue glass, Pisces)
- Teja (gift of God)
- Indira (beauty)
- Jaya (victory)
- Isha (master, lord)
- Samira (companion in evening conversation)
- Lalah (tulip)
- Zara (princess)
- Sita (furrow)
Famous People Named Avani
- Avani Modi (Indian actress)
- Avani Chaturvedi (Indian fighter pilot)
- Avani Gregg (American TikTok star)
- Avani Reyes (American influencer)
- Avani Panchal (Indian professional roller skater)
Avani in Popular Culture
- Avani (video games, “Raid Battle”)
- Avani (television, “Venturian Tale”)
- Avani (television, “Maayke Se Bandhi Dor”)
- Tirvina Avani (video games, “Elder Scrolls Online”)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©B Calkins/Shutterstock.com.