Karina is a Scandinavian, German, Polish, and Russian baby girl’s name that means “pure”. Karina is a cute alternative to the name Katherine or Kate.
Meaning of the name Karina:
Scandinavian, German, Polish, and Russian: pure
Origin of the name Karina:
Karina is a Russian, Scandinavian, German, and Polish name that means “pure”. The name ultimately comes from Greek.
Symbolism of the name Karina:
Daisies are a flower that symbolize purity. They are small white blooms with a bright yellow center that are common across much of the US.
Style of the name Karina:
Gender of the name Karina:
Karina is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Karina:
ka-REE-na (Swedish, German), ka-RYEE-na (Polish), ku-RYEE-nə (Russian), kə-REE-nə(English)
Number of syllables in the name Karina:
Emotion evoked from the name Karina:
Karina evokes feelings of purity and compassion.
Alternative spellings for the name Karina:
Carina, Karyna, Caryna
Nicknames for the name Karina:
Popularity of the name Karina:
According to the Social Security Administration, is a girl’s name that first became popular in the US in 1969. The name was at peak popularity between 1989 and 2004 when it was in the top 200 names. As of 2020 it is #611.
Related names for the name Karina:
Great middle names for the name Karina and their meanings:
- Elsa (pledged to God)
- Miette (crumb)
- Jessamine (jasmine)
- Anne (grace)
- Emily (rival)
- Alexandra (defending men)
- Belle (beautiful)
- Daphne (laurel tree, bay tree)
- Penelope (weaver)
- Violet (purple, the flower)
- Amelia (work)
- Evelyn (desired; or water, island)
Famous people with the name Karina:
- Karina Smirnoff (Ukrainian American dancer)
- Karina Pasian (American singer)
- Karina Logue (Canadian actress)
- Karina Habsudova (Slovak tennis player)
- Karina Noel (American singer-songwriter)
Karinas in popular culture:
- Karina the Ballerina (television, “Sesame Street”)
- Karina (television, “Stage Fright”)
- Karina Koala (media, “Enchantimals”)
- MV Karina (a passenger ship)