Carina is a beautiful baby girl’s name that means “dear little one” and “pure”. It is a fond nickname in Italian and a version of the name Katherine in German. Carina has dropped in popularity since 2010 but remains a loving and lovely classic.
Meaning of the name Carina:
Italian: dear little one
Origin of the name Carina:
Carina is a baby girl’s name of Italian and German origin. In Italian, Carina means “dear little one”. Carina is also the German version of the Greek name Katherine, meaning “pure”.
Symbolism of the name Carina:
Carina means “dear little one”. Carina is used as a fond nickname in Italian typically for a little girl.
Style of the name Carina:
Gender of the name Carina:
Carina is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Carina:
ka-REE-na (German, Spanish, Italian), ka-RYEE-na (Polish), ku-RYEE-nə (Russian), kə-REE-nə (English)
Number of syllables in the name Carina:
Emotion evoked from the name Carina:
Carina evokes feelings of love and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Carina:
Carena, Karina, Karena, Charina, Charena, Caryna, Karyna
Nicknames for the name Carina:
Popularity of the name Carina:
According to the Social Security Administration, Carina is a popular baby girl’s name. Carina was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1976 to 2010. It peaked in 1995 at #383.
Related names for the name Carina:
Great middle names for the name Carina and their meanings:
- Elliana (my God has answered)
- Giada (jade)
- Luisa (renowned warrior)
- Pandora (all gifted)
- Eleaora (the Lord is my light)
- Bianca (white)
- Ottavia (eight)
- Aria (air, song, lion)
Famous people with the name Carina:
- Carina Lau (Hong Kong actress)
- Carina Witthöft (German tennis player)
- Carina Marguerite Benning (Dutch Olympic field hockey player)
- Carina Persson (Swedish model)
- CarinaMariano (daughter of reality TV personalities Rob and Amber Mariano)
Carina in popular culture:
- Carina DeLuca (television, “Greys Anatomy”)
- Carina(media, “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales”)
- Carina (constellation in the southern sky)
- Carina (film, “Guardians of the Galaxy”)
- “Carina” (song written by Alberto Testa and Corrado Lojacono)