Braulio is a classic Spanish name for boys. With roots in late antiquity, this name combines its proud Germanic origin with a pleasant cadence native to Spain. Braulio Jules is the main character of the Life and Death series, and Braulio Tapang is the titular protagonist of the popular action film franchise. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Braulio:
German, Spanish: Bright, radiant
Origin of the name Braulio:
Braulio derives from the Old Germanic word brahuila (meaning “bright” or “radiant”). The Germanic word is a cognate of the Old Latin word berillus. The Visigoths adopted the word during late antiquity and brought it to the Iberian Peninsula during the 5th century. Braulio later became a given name in the Spanish and Galician languages.
Symbolism of the name Braulio:
Braulio is a given name that means “bright” or “radiant.” Historically, the most famous bearer of the name was Saint Braulio of Zaragoza. As an Iberian cleric, Braulio served as an advisor for the Kingdom of the Visigoths and worked to convert the general population from Arianism to Christianity. Braulio was also the patron saint of Aragon. Following his death, devotees interred the body of Braulio in the Cathedral-Basilica of Our Lady of the Pillar. Symbols for Braulio included preaching and offering plates that provided alms for the poor.
Style of the name Braulio:
Gender of the name Braulio:
Braulio is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Braulio:
Number of syllables in the name Braulio:
Emotion evoked from the name Braulio:
The name Braulio evokes feelings of brilliance and well-being.
Alternative spellings for the name Braulio:
Nicknames for the name Braulio:
Popularity of the name Braulio:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Braulio was the 962nd most popular baby name for boys in 2006.
Related names for the name Braulio:
Great middle names for Braulio and their meanings:
- Alonzo (noble, courageous, ready for battle)
- Donato (given, gift of God)
- Erwin (army friend)
- Gary (spear)
- Hector (steadfast protector)
- Javier (castle, new house, bright, splendid)
- Leon (lion)
- Manuel (God is with us)
- Majid (glorious)
- Nestor (returner, traveler, voyager)
- Raul (wolf counsel)
- Waldo (powerful ruler)
Famous people with the name Braulio:
- Braulio Arenas (poet)
- Braulio Jesús Vázquez Benítez (footballer)
- Braulio Antonio García Bautista (singer)
- Braulio Carrillo Colina (politician)
- Braulio de Oliveira Estima (mixed martial artist)
- Braulio Foz (journalist)
- Braulio Mauricio Luna (footballer)
- Braulio Mari (singer)
- Braulio Nóbrega Rodríguez (footballer)
- Braulio Mario Guerra Urbiola (politician)
Braulio in popular culture:
- Braulio (liqueur originating in Valtellina, Italy)
- Braulio Jules (main character in the Life and Death series by Tim Treanor)
- Braulio Tapang (action hero in Filipino film franchise)