Colt 45 is the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the name Colt. The name Colt means “young horse,” so it is an excellent cowboy name. It is an unconventionally macho name.
Meaning and Origin of the name Colt
Colt is a boy's name of English origin meaning “young horse.”
Colt was originally a surname for someone who cared for young horses. It is also used to describe a young male horse who is under four years of age. It is derived from the Old English and Middle English word colt, which means “young horse.”
Symbolism of the name Colt
Colt always has a positive attitude and chases dreams that promise amenities and conveniences. He is flexible and always open to new ideas. Colt is independent, tolerant, and trusting. He sees the best in every situation and always tries to keep a good outlook on life. No matter how much he knows, he is always willing to learn.
Nicknames for the name Colt
Short names like Colt tend to have very few nicknames. This is the case for Colt. You may have a difficult time finding a nickname you like because the list is so short. You may end up creating a nickname you like that is personalized for your baby boy.
Style of the name Colt
Gender of the name Colt
Colt is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Colt
Number of syllables in the name Colt
Emotion evoked from the name Colt
Colt pays attention to his senses and instincts. He cannot ignore the less comfortable ones since that is also a part of life. Colt is open-minded, sociable, friendly, and alert to his surroundings. Since he spends time around others, he finds it easy to learn new things from them.
Alternative spellings for the name Colt
Popularity of the name Colt
Colt came onto the popularity charts in 1982, extremely popular from the start. From there it started to decline through 1991, and then it started to climb again. It peaked in 1994 and then started to drop gradually again every year until 2005. In 2007, it doubled and peaked in 2019.
Related names for the name Colt
Great middle names for Colt and their meanings
- James (supplanter)
- Avery (ruler of elves)
- Adam (son of the red Earth)
- Elliott (the Lord is my God)
- Davis (son of David)
- Anderson (son of Ander/Andrew)
- Henry (house ruler)
- Barnett (place cleared by burning)
- Dante (lasting, enduring)
- Gregory (to be watchful)
Famous people with the name Colt
- Colt Anderson (American football player)
- Colt Brennan (American football player)
- Colt David (American football player)
- Colt McCoy (American football player)
- Colt Knost (American golfer)
Colts in popular culture
- Colt (character in the series Hunter x Hunter)
- Colt Seavers (character in Fall Guy)
- Colt Wilcox (character in Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs)
- Colt Reagan Bennet (character in The Ranch)
- Colt Grice (character in Attack On Titan)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/FamVeld.