Demetria is a Greek baby girl’s name that means “half”. Demetria comes from Greek goddess of the earth and fertility, Demeter. Demetria was most popular in the 1970s and the 1980s.
Meaning of the name Demetria:
Greek: half, follower of Demeter
Origin of the name Demetria:
Demetria is a baby girl’s name of Greek origin that means “half” or “follower of Demeter”. Demetria comes from the name of Greek goddess Demeter who was an earth and fertility goddess. Demeter was also the mother of Persephone.
Symbolism of the name Demetria:
Demeter was an earth goddess and associated with the seasons and fertility.
Style of the name Demetria:
Gender of the name Demetria:
Demetria is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Demetria:
Number of syllables in the name Demetria:
Emotion evoked from the name Demetria:
Demetria evokes feelings of nurturing and compassion.
Alternative spellings for the name Demetria:
Demitria, Demetrya, Dametria, Dimitria
Nicknames for the name Demetria:
Popularity of the name Demetria:
According to the Social Security Administration, Demetria is a popular baby girl’s name. Demetria was in the top 1000 baby names from 1965 to 1993. It peaked at #479 in 1974.
Related names for the name Demetria:
Great middle names for the name Demetria and their meanings:
- Evangeline (bearer of good news)
- Charlotte (free man)
- Adelaide (noble)
- Caroline (free man)
- Margot (pearl)
- Audrey (noble strength)
- Imogen (maiden)
- Seraphine (ardent, fiery)
- Zephyr (west wind)
- Jasmine (gift from God)
Famous people with the name Demetria:
- Demetria “Demi” Lovato (American actress and singer)
- Demetria McKinney (American actress and singer)
- Demetria Royals (American film director)
- Demetria Martinez (American poet)
- Demetria Washington (American sprinter)
Demetria in popular culture:
- Demetria Rosemead “Dinky” Hotchkiss (film, “Sydney White”)
- Demetria (comics, DC comics)
- Demetria (television, “Etheria” )
- Demetria (video games, “World of Warcraft”)
- Demetria (media, “Odyssy of the Dragonlords”)