Edison is an English baby boy’s name that means “son of” one of several possible names: Adam, Edward, Edmund, or Edith. Edison is a vintage classic name that was popular from 1900 to 1959 and returned to popularity in 2006.
Meaning of the name Edison:
English: son of Adam, Edward, Edmund, or Edith
Origin of the name Edison:
Edison is a baby boy’s name that means son of either Adam, Edward, Edmund, or Edith. It was originally a patronymic surname.
Symbolism of the name Edison:
Edison is one of the patronymic surnames associated with names beginning in Ed- as well as the name Adam.
Style of the name Edison:
Gender of the name Edison:
Edison is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Edison:
Number of syllables in the name Edison:
Emotion evoked from the name Edison:
Edison evokes feelings of genius and strength.
Alternative spellings for the name Edison:
Eddison, Edyson, Edisen
Nicknames for the name Edison:
Popularity of the name Edison:
According to the Social Security Administration, Edison is a popular baby boy’s name. Edison was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1900 to 1959 and again from 2006 to 2020. It peaked at #538 in 2018.
Related names for the name Edison:
Great middle names for the name Edison and their meanings:
- Alder (old, the tree)
- Isaac (laughter)
- Callum (dove)
- Dale (valley)
- Hollis (near the holly bushes)
- Roan (little redhead)
- Luke (man from Lucania)
- Samuel (told by God)
Famous people with the name Edison:
- Edison Koonhei Chen (Hong Kong actor)
- Edison Tesla Marshall (American novelist)
- Edison Ciavattone (Uruguayan basketball player)
- Thomas Alva Edison (American inventor)
- Edison Barrios (Venezuelan baseball player)
Edison in popular culture:
- Edison Lighthouse (American band)
- Edison (television, “The Parody”)
- Thomas Edison (media, “Transformers” series)
- Edison (video games, “Super Mario Bros. Super Show”)
- Edison Trent (video games, “Discovery”)