Jamil is a popular Arabic baby boy’s name that means “beautiful, handsome”. Jamil was most popular between 1974 and 2003. Jamil may have dipped in popularity because its popularity in the 80s and 90s makes it sound a little dated now.
Meaning of the name Jamil:
Arabic: beautiful, handsome
Origin of the name Jamil:
Jamil is an Arabic boy’s name meaning “beautiful, handsome”.
Symbolism of the name Jamil:
Jamil means handsome or beautiful and is associated with the things that accentuate or bring beauty. In Islam, beauty is two-fold and comprises both internal and external beauty. God is both beautiful and also loves beauty.
Style of the name Jamil:
Gender of the name Jamil:
Jamil is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Jamil:
Number of syllables in the name Jamil:
Emotion evoked from the name Jamil:
Jamil evokes feelings of compassion and integrity.
Alternative spellings for the name Jamil:
Jameel, Jahmil, Djamil, Gamil, Gameel, Djameel
Nicknames for the name Jamil:
Popularity of the name Jamil:
According to the Social Security Administration, Jamil is a popular baby boy’s name. Jamil was in the top 1000 baby names from 1973 to 2003. It peaked at #670 in 1978.
Related names for the name Jamil:
Great middle names for the name Jamil and their meanings:
- Malik (king)
- Ahmed (greatly praised)
- Imran (prosperity)
- Ali (supreme, exalted)
- Ismail (God will hear)
- Sayid (lucky, happy, fortunate)
- Zayn (beauty, grace)
- Yusuf (Jehovah increases)
- Nasir (helper)
- Tariq (the one who knocks at the door)
- Hassan (handsome)
Famous people with the name Jamil:
- Jamil Ali (Singaporean footballer)
- Jamil Wilson (American basketball player)
- Jamil Walker Smith (American actor)
- Jamil Walker (American soccer player)
- Jamil James Fearrington (Danish-American footbaler)
Jamil in popular culture:
- Jamil (television, “Magi”)
- Jamil Viper (television, “Twisted Wonderland”)
- Tahani Al-Jamil (television, “The Good Place”)
- Jamil (video game, “Granblue Fantasy”)
- Jamil Neate (television, “Akurasu”)