Kareem is a powerful traditional name for boys. Widespread throughout the Middle East and South Asia, this name soared in popularity in the United States during the 1970s. Kareem is the name of a soldier in the Fairy Tale series, and Kareem Said was a memorable character on the Oz series. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Kareem:
Arabic: Generous, noble, honorable.
Origin of the name Kareem:
Kareem is an alternative spelling of Karim. This name derives from the Arabic word کریم and means “generous.”
Symbolism of the name Kareem:
Kareem is an Arabic name that means “generous,” “gracious,” or “honorable.” It is also one of the 99 Names of God in Islam (Quran 82:5-8). The Islamic symbol of generosity is the pillar of alms.
Style of the name Kareem:
Gender of the name Kareem:
Kareem is a boy's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Kareem:
Number of syllables in the name Kareem:
Emotion evoked from the name Kareem:
The name Kareem evokes feelings of charisma and confidence.
Alternative spellings for the name Kareem:
Nicknames for the name Kareem:
Popularity of the name Kareem:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Kareem was the 637th most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Kareem:
Great middle names for Kareem and their meanings:
- Ashraf (honorable, distinguished, noble)
- Benito (blessed)
- Daniel (God is my judge)
- Eder (flock, handsome, beautiful)
- Finnegan (fair, white)
- Hafiz (custodian, guardian, keeper)
- Haidar (lion, warrior)
- Ishmael (God will hear)
- Malik (king, master, ruler)
- Kharouf (lamb)
- Qadir (capable, powerful, mighty)
- Roger (famous spear)
- Timothy (honoring God)
- Yunus (dove)
Famous people with the name Kareem:
- Kareem Nabil Suleiman Amer (blogger)
- Kareem “Biggs” Burke (entrepreneur)
- Kareem Campbell (skateboarder)
- Kareem Dennis (singer)
- Kareem Hunt (football player)
- Kareem Abdul Jabbar (basketball player)
- Kareem Kelly (football player)
- Kareem Mortimer (filmmaker)
- Kareem Lamar Rush (basketball player)
- Kareem Walker (football player)
Kareem in popular culture:
- Kareem (soldier in the Fairy Tale series)
- Kareem Said (character on the Oz series)