Kylie is a fun and modern baby name of Gaelic origin. It has been popular in English speaking countries for nearly 40 years but still manages to have a youthful feeling.
Meaning of the name Kylie:
Irish & Scottish: straight or channel (as in the body of water), graceful and beautiful
Origin of the name Kylie:
The baby name Kylie comes from the Irish surname O’Kiely which is in turn derived from the Gaelic surname O’Cadhla.
Symbolism of the name Kylie:
Free flowing water is symbolic of creativity, healing, freedom, and strong emotions.
Style of the name Kylie:
Gender of the name Kylie:
Female. Kylie is sometimes used as the feminine form of the boy’s name Kyle.
Pronunciation of the name Kylie:
Number of syllables in the name Kylie:
Emotion evoked from the name Kylie:
Kylie evokes youthful, creative, and energetic emotions.
Alternative spellings for the name Kylie:
Kiley, Kylee, Kyleigh, Kilie, Kiely
Nicknames for the name Kylie:
Popularity of the name Kylie:
According to the Social Security Administration, the baby name Kylie has been moderately popular since 1978. Kylie reached peak popularity between 2002 and 2015.
Related names for the name Kylie:
Great middle names for Kylie and their meanings:
- Danielle (God is my judge)
- Neve (brght)
- Jane (God is gracious)
- Reese (enthusiasm)
- Harper (person who plays a harp)
- Abigail (my father is joy)
- Jade (green precious stone)
- Quinn (descendant of the leader)
Famous people with the name Kylie:
- Kylie Minogue (Australian singer)
- Kylie Jenner (American reality TV star)
- Kylie Tennant (Australian novelist)
- Kylie Babbington (British actress)
- Kylie Rogers (American actress)
- Kylie Shea (American ballerina)
- Kylie Rae (American wrestler)
Kylies in popular culture:
- Kylie Griffins (character in the Ghostbusters film series)
- Kylie Smiley (character on the television show “6teen”)
- Kylie Mole (character on the television show “Comedy Company”)
- Kylie Galen (character in the Shadow Falls literature series by C.C. Hunter)