Kylie is a fun and modern baby name of Gaelic origin. It has been popular in English speaking countries for nearly 40 years but still manages to have a youthful feeling.
Meaning and Origin of the name Kylie:
The name Kylie is a feminine name meaning “boomerang,” “narrow channel” (as in a body of water), “graceful,” and “beautiful.” Kylie is a unique name with two different roots. It has Aboriginal origins from the Noongar, who are Indigenous Australian people, and derives from the word kiley, which means “curved, returning stick” or “boomerang.” Kylie also originates from the Irish surname O’Kiely, which is derived from the Gaelic surname O’Cadhla. It means “graceful” or “beautiful.” Kylie is the feminine of the masculine name Kyle.
Symbolism of the name Kylie:
Free flowing water is symbolic of creativity, healing, freedom, and strong emotions.
Style of the name Kylie:
Gender of the name Kylie:
Female. Kylie is sometimes used as the feminine form of the boy’s name Kyle.
Pronunciation of the name Kylie:
Number of syllables in the name Kylie:
Emotion evoked from the name Kylie:
Kylie evokes youthful, creative, and energetic emotions.
Alternative spellings for the name Kylie:
Nicknames for the name Kylie:
When choosing a baby name, it's nice to know what nicknames are possible and what nicknames some people may use. This information helps us judge whether or not the name is the right one. Here is a list of adorable nicknames that you can use for your daughter named Kylie.
Popularity of the name Kylie:
According to the Social Security Administration, the baby name Kylie has been moderately popular since 1978. Kylie reached peak popularity between 2002 and 2015.
Related names for the name Kylie:
Great middle names for Kylie and their meanings:
- Danielle (God is my judge)
- Neve (bright)
- Jane (God is gracious)
- Reese (enthusiasm)
- Harper (person who plays a harp)
- Abigail (my father is joy)
- Jade (green precious stone)
- Quinn (descendant of the leader)
Famous people with the name Kylie:
- Kylie Minogue (Australian singer)
- Kylie Jenner (American reality TV star)
- Kylie Tennant (Australian novelist)
- Kylie Babbington (British actress)
- Kylie Rogers (American actress)
- Kylie Shea (American ballerina)
- Kylie Rae (American wrestler)
Kylies in popular culture:
- Kylie Griffins (character in the Ghostbusters film series)
- Kylie Smiley (character on the television show “6teen”)
- Kylie Mole (character on the television show “Comedy Company”)
- Kylie Galen (character in the Shadow Falls literature series by C.C. Hunter)
The image featured at the top of this post is ©SUKJAI PHOTO/Shutterstock.com.