Lenard is a baby boy’s name that means “brave lion”. Lenard is a vintage variant spelling of Leonard that fell out of popularity in the mid-1970s. It still remains a recognizable alternative to the more popular version.
Meaning of the name Lenard:
English: brave lion
Origin of the name Lenard:
Lenard is a baby boy’s name of English origin that means “brave lion”. It is a variant spelling of Leonard. Lenard comes from the Germanic elements “lewo” meaning “lion” and “hard” meaning “brave”.
Symbolism of the name Lenard:
Lions are an easily recognizable symbol of pride, honor, bravery, and strength. Lions have been a symbol of many noble and royal houses in England for centuries.
Style of the name Lenard:
Gender of the name Lenard:
Lenard is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Lenard:
Number of syllables in the name Lenard:
Emotion evoked from the name Lenard:
Lenard evokes feelings of bravery and hard work.
Alternative spellings for the name Lenard:
Nicknames for the name Lenard:
Popularity of the name Lenard:
According to the Social Security Administration, Lenard is a popular baby boy’s name. Lenard appeared in the top 1000 baby names list from 1900 to 1974. It peaked in 1932 at #410.
Related names for the name Lenard:
Great middle names for the name Lenard and their meanings:
- Arlo (between two hills)
- Theodore (gift of God)
- Atlas (bearer of the heavens)
- Gabriel (God is my strength)
- Hugo (mind, intellect)
- Isaac (laughter)
- August (great, magnificent)
- Sebastian (from Sebastia)
Famous people with the name Lenard:
- Lenard McKelvey (American DJ and radio host)
- Lenard Lakofka (American author)
- Lenard Kunde (German voice actor)
- Lenard (American musician)
- Lenard Puski (American squash player)
Lenard in popular culture:
- Lenard effect (science, atomic theory)
- Lenard Jacob Monroe (video games, “L.A. Noire”)
- Lenard (comics, “The Walls of Elthlead: Langrisser”)
- Lenard McCoy (video games, “Sims” series)