Nathalie is a spelling version of Natalie. It is more popular in France and Germany than in America. In the United States, Nathalie is only a top 1,000 option for girls. Natalie, on the other hand, is on the top 60 list.
Meaning of the name Nathalie:
French: Christmas Day, the Lord's birthday
Dutch: Christmas Day, the Lord's birthday
German: Christmas Day, the Lord's birthday
Scandinavian: Christmas Day, the Lord's birthday
Origin of the name Nathalie:
Nathalie is the French, Dutch, German, and Scandinavian version of Natalie. Natalie comes from the Latin Natalia. It is a play on the Latin phrase “Natale Domini,” which translates to “Christmas Day.” Eastern Christians popularized this title, and its variations like Nathalie, because of the wife of Saint Adrian of Nicomedia. She is also a saint in the Orthodox Christian religion.
Symbolism of the name Nathalie:
Nathalie translates to “Christmas Day” or “the Lord's birthday.” It is a variation of Natalie, giving it the same meanings. Natalie comes from the Latin “Natale Domini,” which means “Christmas Day.” According to the Christian religion, Christmas is the date of Jesus' birth.
Style of the name Nathalie:
Gender of the name Nathalie:
Nathalie is a noble name for girls.
Pronunciation of the name Nathalie:
Number of syllables in the name Nathalie:
Emotion evoked from the name Nathalie:
Nathalie feels formal and upscale. It is a wholesome and refined baby name.
Alternative spellings for the name Nathalie:
Nicknames for the name Nathalie:
Popularity of the name Nathalie:
Nathalie was first on the Social Security Popularity Index in 1906 at rank 995. As of 2020, it is still a top 1,000 option. Nathalie was number 912 in 2020. It ranked highest in 1998 at 446.
Related names for the name Nathalie:
Great middle names for Nathalie and their meanings:
- Miriam (wished-for child)
- June (young, born in June)
- Eleanor (light-hearted, shining light)
- Lucille (light)
- Jane (God is gracious)
- Katherine (pure, clear)
- Lorena (laurel tree, bay tree)
- Genevieve (woman of the race)
Famous people with the name Nathalie:
- Nathalie Kelley (actress, “The Baker and the Beauty”)
- Nathalie Tauziat (tennis player)
- Nathalie Dechy (tennis player)
- Nathalie Giannitrapani (pop singer)
- Nathalie Emmanuel (actress, “Army of Thieves”)
- Nathalie Fauran (singer, actress, “The Little Mermaid 2”)
- Nathalie Loriers (jazz pianist, composer)
- Nathalie Pechalat (ice dancer)
Nathalies in popular culture:
- Nathalie (main character from “Nathalie” film)