Qiana is a fun modern baby name for girls. Created during the height of the disco era, this name remains a staple in urban popular culture. Qiana is the name of a character in She's All Caught Up by Jamila Davis, and Qiana is also character in Queen Divas by De'nesha Diamond. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Qiana:
American English: Silky
Hawaiian: Divine, heavenly
Irish: Ancient, enduring
Persian: Royal queen
Origin of the name Qiana:
Qiana is a modern baby name with several possible origins. It is the name of a nylon fiber developed in the DuPont Experimental Station during the late 1960s. This silky fabric became a hallmark of American disco fashion during the 1970s.
The name Qiana is also an alternative spelling of Kiana. This name is the Hawaiian variation of Diana (meaning “divine” or “heavenly”). It is also the feminine variation of the Irish name Kian (deriving from the Old Irish element cían to mean “ancient” or “enduring”). Finally, Kiana is also a Persian word equivalent to “queen” (کیانا).
Symbolism of the name Qiana:
Qiana is an invented name that means “silk cloth.” It is also an alternative spelling of Kiana. In Irish culture, Kiana is the feminine version of Kian. According to Irish mythology, Kian was a legendary shifter who could transform into a pig at will. Kian's official symbol was the gold coin. This legend's association with pigs eventually merged with the European custom of the piggy bank. For this reason, Qiana and Kiana are also names associated with luck and fortune.
Style of the name Qiana:
Gender of the name Qiana:
Qiana is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Qiana:
Number of syllables in the name Qiana:
Emotion evoked from the name Qiana:
The name Qiana evokes feelings of modish style.
Alternative spellings for the name Qiana:
Nicknames for the name Qiana:
Popularity of the name Qiana:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Qiana was the 8,325th most popular baby name for girls in 2020.
Related names for the name Qiana:
Great middle names for Qiana and their meanings:
- Amie (beloved)
- Breann (high, noble, hill)
- Chantal (stone, rock, song)
- Destiny (fate, predetermination, future)
- Faith (trust, confidence, belief)
- Giselle (pledge)
- Melanie (dark)
- Melody (song, tune, rhythm)
- Patrice (noblewoman)
- Sinclair (pure, renowned, illustrious)
- Tess (late summer, harvest time)
- Ximena (God has heard)
- Zuri (beautiful)
Famous people with the name Qiana:
- Qiana Aviles (entrepreneur)
- Qiana Brown (epidemiologist)
- Qiana Cryer-Coupet (sociologist)
- Qiana Davis (actress)
- Qiana “Q” Ingersoll (public figure)
- Qiana Denise Lillard (judge)
- Qiana Mestrich (photographer)
- Qiana O'Leary (nonprofit executive)
- Qiana Maleigh Stubbs (actress)
- Qiana Whitted (writer)
Qiana in popular culture:
- Qiana (character in She's All Caught Up by Jamila Davis)
- Qiana (character in Queen Divas by De'nesha Diamond)