Rosella is a sweet and pleasant baby name for girls. Reminiscent of traditional Italian culture, Rosella is a regal choice for any future leading lady. Rosella is the name of the protagonist in The Fairy's Mistake, and Rosella of Daventry was the princess in the King's Quest series. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Rosella:
Italian, Latin: Little rose
Origin of the name Rosella:
Rosella is the Italian diminutive of the name Rose. This name originates from the word rōse (which derives from the Latin element rosa) and means “fragrant flower.” The suffix –ella is a common feminine diminutive for Italian names.
Symbolism of the name Rosella:
Rosella is an Italian first name that means “little rose.” In addition, the name Rosella is also common in wildlife and nature. For example, the name Rosella refer to a genus that contains six species of colorful parrots. Rosella can also refer to a species of hibiscus plant from which herbalists produce hibiscus tea.
Whether found in flora or fauna, species associated with Rosella usually come in colors ranging from deep red to magenta. As a result, the symbol of Rosetta is the color crimson. One can find this symbolism in the namesake Australian brand known as the Rosella Preserving & Manufacturing Co. This successful brand produces a range of red tomato sauces, soups, condiments, and chutneys.
Style of the name Rosella:
Gender of the name Rosella:
Rosella is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Rosella:
Number of syllables in the name Rosella:
Emotion evoked from the name Rosella:
The name Rosella evokes feelings of beneficence and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Rosella:
Nicknames for the name Rosella:
Popularity of the name Rosella:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Rosella was the 972nd most popular baby name for girls in 1953.
Related names for the name Rosella:
Great middle names for Rosella and their meanings:
- Abigail (my father is joy)
- Amie (beloved)
- Chrisette (bearer of Christ)
- Delaney (from the alder grove)
- Eden (paradise, garden, delight)
- Faith (trust, confidence, belief)
- Fiona (fair)
- Josephine (God will increase, God will add)
- Leonie (lioness)
- Mae (pearl)
- Opal (iridescent stone, jewel)
- Yvaine (well-born, noble, evening star)
- Zadie (prosperous, fortunate, princess)
Famous people with the name Rosella:
- Rosella Ayane (footballer)
- Rosella Marie Bjornson (airline pilot)
- Rosella Hightower (ballerina)
- Rosella Lau (model)
- Rosella Namok (artist)
- Rosella Postorino (writer)
- Rosella Rice (journalist)
- Rosella “Zella” O'Connor Russell (vaudevillian)
- Rosella Sensi (entrepreneur)
- Rosella Towne (actress)
Rosella in popular culture:
- Rosella (protagonist of The Fairy's Mistake)
- Rosella of Daventry (princess in the King's Quest series)