Trayvon is a fashionable modern baby name for boys. Highly popular as a given name during the 1990s, Trayvon went on to soar in cultural relevance during the early 21st century. Trayvon is the name of a character in the Portraits on a Blustery Day series of animated shorts, and Trayvon Avenue is also a newly named street in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Keep reading to learn more about this baby name.
Meaning of the name Trayvon:
Old Welsh: Fair town
Old Cornish: River town
Origin of the name Trayvon:
Trayvon is a modern name with two possible origins. Many linguists believe that Trayvon is a contemporary variation of the Old Welsh name Trevelyan (meaning “fair town”). Alternatively, some etymologists theorize that Trayvon is a variation of the Old Cornish name Treavon (meaning “river town”).
Symbolism of the name Trayvon:
Trayvon is a modern invented name that may derive from the place name Trevelyan or Treavon. Both Treavon and Trevelyan are historic sites in Cornwall and Wales. Historically, the symbol for each site was the snowy equine.
Style of the name Trayvon:
Gender of the name Trayvon:
Trayvon is a boy's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Trayvon:
Number of syllables in the name Trayvon:
Emotion evoked from the name Trayvon:
The name Trayvon evokes feelings of profoundness and power.
Alternative spellings for the name Trayvon:
Nicknames for the name Trayvon:
Popularity of the name Trayvon:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Trayvon was the 2,711th most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Trayvon:
Great middle names for Trayvon and their meanings:
- Aidan (little fire)
- Akeem (wise, intelligent)
- Andy (manly, masculine, strong)
- Craig (rock, steep, crag)
- Declan (man of prayer, full of goodness)
- Ellis (kind, benevolent, the Lord is my God)
- Harold (army ruler)
- Maximilian (the greatest)
- Nathanial (God has given)
- Jalil (important, exalted, magnificent)
- Latham (barn)
- Patrick (patrician, nobleman)
- Roger (famous spear, renowned warrior)
- Tyson (firebrand, high-spirited)
Famous people with the name Trayvon:
- Trayvon Jaquez Bromell (Olympic athlete)
- Trayvon Golden (actor)
- Trayvon Henderson (football player)
- Trayvon Henry (actor)
- Trayvon Benjamin Martin (public figure)
- Trayvon Sentell Mullen Jr. (football player)
- Trayvon Palmer (basketball player)
- Trayvon Andrew Dwayne Robinson (baseball player)
- Trayvon Williams (actor)
Trayvon in popular culture:
- Trayvon Avenue (street in Miami-Dade County, Florida)
- Trayvon (character in the Portraits on a Blustery Day series)