Last Updated on
Broccoli Shrimp with Orzo
2½ cups reduced sodium chicken broth
5 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup uncooked orzo
1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tablespoon dried basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Bring broth to a boil in a large pan.
2. Add the broccoli, tomatoes and orzo.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the shrimp, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Cover and cook for 5 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and orzo is tender.
6. Stir in butter and serve.
Makes 4 servings
One serving (1¾ cups) equals:
10 grams fat (5 grams saturated fat),
190 mg cholesterol
919 mg sodium
45 grams carbohydrate
4 grams fiber
35 grams protein