It’s birthday time and if you’re looking for something to do, keep on reading for the most fun places for birthday parties in Portland! Take your pick of educational fun for a big group of kids, physical fun in a space fit for a birthday, or more entertainment opportunities and crafting activities. Portland has more than enough to offer. Just be on top of planning, and coordinating with other parents and their kids for scheduling. Before you know it, you’ll have a fantastic birthday party all setup and ready to go.
Crafting Birthday Opportunities
Portland has a great community built for its arts and culture scene. Because of this, there are great open crafting spaces to book for kids' birthday parties. Whether it's scrapbooking or ceramics, painting, or woodworking, Portland has you covered.
- Board & Brush Creative Studio offers wooden sign workshops. At these, your kid and their friends can paint their boards with whatever they want. Scheduling with the studio includes set-up and breakdown and 1.5 hours for the kids to work on the board painting creation. Bring your food, cake, and drinks of any kind. Sit back and enjoy the fun.
- The Portland Child Art Studio has so many activities to choose from. PCAS instructors set up 1.5-hour classes or longer if the activity is longer. During these reservations, you can draw, collage, or paint. They even have sculpture classes! This is for children ages 3+. There must be a parent/guardian in the studio while the activity is happening.
- If hands-on collaging and building crafts are more your speed, check out The Craft Factory. This local Portland community space is home to crafters of all ages. Reserve the open studio hours where you can explore and create using craft supplies donated by the community. Craft kits can be taken home if you want to craft from the comfort of your home on this particular birthday.
- For a pottery painting experience that is a bit outside of Portland, check out Color Me Mine. Based in Hillsborough, Oregon Color Me Mine has fun parties for kids. Reservations include 2 hours in the party painting room, unlimited use of the paints, and your choice of pottery to paint (fee for pottery not included in party reservation). You'll also get a Color Me Mine expert to help your party. And finally, your pottery is glazed and fired for you to take home.
Physical Birthday Fun
Sometimes the best part of a birthday party is the chance to just run around with your friends in cool places that aren't your house or a park. These fun places for birthday parties in Portland check both of those boxes!
- Portland's Nest Playground is a fantastic space for kiddos to get energy out in the safety of a gym. The playground has both hard and soft play structures, rock climbing walls, a dance studio, a game room, and a cafe for parents to hang out in. It is ADA-compliant and accessible.
- Playdate PDX is a unique three-story indoor playground with interactive dance floors and a dining room where is food for sale. With games and different scenery, this space is sure to be a hit. Rent rooms for private parties that you can reserve for up to 1 hour and 45 minutes. That includes food and drink as part of the reservation space.
- Next up, The Wiggle Room. This is a fun physical activities center that also has birthday parties! With a padded floor and play structure, the space has slides and games, and lots of activities for kids to enjoy. The space is clean, heated and accessible, and available for party reservations all year round.
Birthday Games and Learning Activities
Looking for more games and outdoor engagements? Or maybe some educational opportunities? Check out some of these options for fun places for birthday parties In Portland!
- Portland's Game Truck is entertainment on wheels! The truck will bring video games and LaserTag right to your party with its unique mobile video gaming theaters and arenas for LaserTag. They service areas including Portland, Beaverton, and Gresham. Reserve for a two-hour party today!
- Oaks Park is a classic Portland landmark. Oaks Park has a rollerskating rink, escape room, and mini golf! Outdoors have an amusement park and a dance pavilion. There are so many options for a birthday party!
- The Oregon Zoo is located right on the outskirts of Portland and is a great place to head for your child's next birthday! While the zoo isn't currently doing private parties, there are several public tables available for use. From the African Rainforest to a Black Bear habitat, there are so many animals to see and appreciate. Your party can also participate in a zoo scavenger hunt before finding a table to enjoy your cake and presents. What a cool birthday party opportunity!
- Why not try out some science experiments with Mad Science Portland? For an engaging and educational birthday party, try Mad Science's party packages. With 6 different options for the kind of science you'll explore, everyone is sure to have a great time. Best for kids aged 5-12+.
- And for an experience that's just over the border of Portland, OR to Vancouver, WA – check out Sky Zone Trampoline Park. With numerous trampolines, a foam ball pit, and more, this has to be one of the most fun places for birthday parties in (and around) Portland. Simply reserve your day and Sky Zone will take care of the rest. Check out their specific packages for decorations, invitations, and cleanup options. Leave the work to Sky Zone and get to jumping at your kid's super fun birthday!
- Are Petting Zoo Birthday Parties A Good Idea?
- 20 Fun Places For Birthday Parties In New York City
- The 6 Best Themes For Birthday Parties
The image featured at the top of this post is ©Rawpixel.com/Shutterstock.com.