Looking for fun places for birthday parties in Boston? Look no further than this list because Bean Town has so many opportunities for different kinds of birthday fun. Whether your child likes crafting, bowling, or gaming, Boston’s got it all. Not to mention, the rich history of the city and the many museums full of arts and culture that it offers. Make your child’s next birthday one to remember with one of these great options they are sure to love.
For an arts and crafts birthday space, Boston’s South Waterfront district is known for its many beautiful studios. Check out some of the pottery, plaster, painting, and general arts opportunities. Most places supply everything your child and their friends need to create their take-home masterpiece. What a great party experience and they’ll have something they made to remember it by!
- Mucky Kids craft studio is a great birthday option. With open studio hours and birthday parties for kids of all ages and artist levels. The studio encourages party-goers to wear comfortable clothes. Clothes can get dirty fast when you're trying new projects of all messiness levels! Bring your friends and your imagination to make the most of craft time activities and so much room to experiment.
- For a more guided art experience, check out Plaster Fun Time. This ceramics studio offers parties that include 1.5 hours full of painting plaster. You'll have full access to 26 special glazes as well as brushes and aprons. And there's no firing required! All you'll do is paint on a high gloss finish so you can take your plaster masterpiece home. There's a table reserved for cake, provided utensils, and a dedicated party host to help make everything run smoothly. The birthday kid will also get a VIP birthday card and a birthday gift. Check out their website for more party planning details!
- Minni is another art studio option for fun places for birthday parties in Boston. Reserve your party with them and you'll get 1 and 1/2 hours of dedicated studio time. Enjoy two themed art activities, coloring books, decorations, a cake plate and utensils, and a full clean-up service. Party favors can be bought for the party at an extra charge and you can pick your party theme!
Physical Fun Times
Need some space to run and jump and climb around? Boston has several indoor playgrounds, gyms, and play centers that offer birthday party spaces. Bring your friends and lots of energy, play around then stop to enjoy some cake and presents.
- Boston Playground is an indoor play space full of educational, stimulating, and creative activities. For a private party, you'll get 2 hours to host your child and all their friends. Use the party room for cake and snacks or order from the Boston Playground's catering menu. The space will also provide utensils and plates needed for eating as well as covering clean up.
- The Little Lovage Club is a dedicated and beautifully decorated space for indoor play. Enjoy your child's next birthday party on any weekend slot available. You'll get 4 hours to use the entire play space as well as the toys and games. There are kids' tables for seating as well as tables for food and drink! Add-ons include picking a theme for decorations, catering, party favors, and more time renting the space. What a fun birthday!
- My Gym, the indoor playground space has three party packages available for purchase. While each is slightly different, they all include 1.5 hours of access to the space for your private party. There will be a party host to guide games and answer any questions. You can choose your theme and the music will be fun and kid-appropriate. With a birthday like this, everyone will find a way of enjoying themselves in this wonderful, active gym space.
- Jump On In is an indoor inflatable jumping facility! For birthday party fun, you can rent full use of the space. Your child and their friends can explore and play in this interactive and fun-filled space. While you'll have to bring your cake, you can order pizza as part of your reservation. Bring socks and some energy to get those wiggles out and enjoy a very active birthday party!
There are so many game zones and escape room options that are fun places for birthday parties in Boston. Check out the local trampoline park or try your hand at bowling. You can even work as a team to solve your way from an escape room to your freedom. There’s even a Virtual Reality space!
- Lucky Strike Bowling Alley is located right behind the iconic Fenway Park. Therefore is one of many fun places for birthday parties in Boston. Bring your birthday party to two floors full of bowling lanes and parlor games. There's also an LED video wall and an arcade. There's food and plenty of room for cake presents and lucky strikes!
- Sky Zone trampoline park is just as fun as it sounds. With numerous party packages and themes available, bring your kid and their friends to an afternoon of bouncing! You'll have full access to the activities within the park. You'll also have your own dedicated space for party details – snacks and cake and presents!
- Escape rooms are a great option for birthday parties. Take your friends to Trapology and pick from 6 Trapology-designed escape rooms or outdoor Augmented Reality escape adventures. Work on teams to solve the puzzles for escaping or to get through to the next clue!
- The VR Key To Amaze adventure in Boston is sure to delight and amaze you. What a special experience for the birthday guests and your birthday kiddo! They have 100+ games and virtual reality worlds for a wide range of ages. Bring your friends into the simulation and join teams for games and adventures. There are three VR Arenas in the space and plenty of room for presents. There are tables for food, which can be catered!
Educational Birthday Options
Boston is known for its history as well as for having a pretty incredible aquarium. Make the most of your afternoon with some learning experiences that can go hand in hand with birthday fun!
- The New England Aquarium offers a birthday movie experience in Simons Theatre or a self-guided group visit to the Aquarium. Bring your friends and see all the wonderful creatures who live there. Check out the freshwater gallery, Edge of the Sea tide pool, and shark and stingray touch tank. There are so many activities to check out while spending your birthday party in this iconic aquarium.
- The Boston Children's Museum is working to revamp its birthday party offerings. So be sure to check their website to see when bookings open up again. Party packages include full access to the museum. You'll have your own private Blue Room where you can have your cake, and presents and there's even a piñata pulley. Enjoy the wonders of history in the museum with your friends on this educational and exciting birthday experience.