The below list of girl names that mean song is filled with a variety of delightful and feminine options. From Geeta to Mavis to Odele and beyond, each is unique and deserving of consideration. Take a look!
RELATED: More Baby Names That Mean Song
- Carminda With a Spanish origin, Carminda means like a beautiful song. It is a combination of the names Carmen and Linda. The name Linda means pretty, so Cariminda is a pretty song.
- Zemora Zemora means a song of praise and is a Hebrew name that is popular in Israel. It may also mean one who is praised.
- Tehilla Tehilla originates from Hebrew and means song of praise and glory. It may also be spelled Tehila.
- Keerthana Keerthana is an ancient Sanskrit word that means devotional song. It is still a very popular name in India and is suitable for boys and girls, but the names are spelled slightly differently.
- CarolynOf English origin, the name Carolyn means a song of happiness or joy. It is widely used in England and the United States. In Italian, it is the feminine form of Charles.
- Daina Originally from Lithuanian, Daina means song. It is also found in Hebrew meaning song or melody.
- Edhiva Edhiva’s origin is an Old English word that means a happy song. It is from the Middle Ages and derived from the name Edith. It usually means the song has a very sweet tune and is often seen in Christian girls.
- Geeta In Sanskrit, Geeta means a diving song. It is often linked to other names such as Geetanjali and Sangeet, all of which are music or song related.
- Maraca Maraca is a Portuguese word that came to the Americas via the Brazilian language. It describes a rattle made with a gourd and used as a percussion instrument, usually for very lively tunes.
- Ghina Ghina is Arabic for song or melody. It is a very popular name for Muslim girls all over the world.
- Chanson In French, Chanson means song. It originated during the Middle Ages and was popular during the Renaissance. Chanson is a name used in many countries today.
- MavisOriginating from Old French, Mavis means songbird. Today, it is most commonly used in English-speaking countries.
- Odele Of Greek origin, the main meaning of Odele is a song. In German, it is sometimes used to mean wealth.
- RaynaThe Hebrew origin meaning of Rayna is a song of the Lord as well as in Scandinavian cultures. It also has a Spanish meaning of queen.
- Doina Originating from Romania, Doina means a folk song. A donia is a highly ornamented, free-rhythm tune that is often improvisational in a fixed pattern.
- Shiri Shiri is the feminine word for my song in Hebrew. It literally means song of my soul.
- Neima Of Hebrew origin, Neima means melody. It also means blessing from God in Arabic.
- CharmaineCharmaine is an ancient Latin name that means singer. Charmaine is one of the many feminine forms of Charles.
- Uyanga Originating in Mongolia, this beautiful name means melody. It is also the name of a province in southern Mongolia.
- Cantrelle Of French origin, Cantrelle means song. It was brought to England during the migration from France after the Norman Conquest of 1066.
- Lyre A Lyre is a stringed instrument similar to a small harp. It originated in ancient Greece to accompany songs and poems.
- Ranim Ranim is of Muslim origin from Urdu via Hindi and relates to girls singing or reciting in a sing-song voice. The name is also used in Lebanon and the Czech language with different meanings.
- Manzuma Manzuma is an Arabic name meaning song. It is one of the most popular names for Muslim girls.
- Rani Rani is a Hebrew name meaning my joy or my song. It is also found in Arabic, German, French and Australian.
- CarmenOriginating in Spain, Carmen means song and is the name of one of the most famous operas in the world. In several languages, Carmen has a slightly different spelling and also means garden.
Peruse thousands of baby names on MomsWhoThink.com! And follow us on Pinterest for more parenting inspiration!
The image featured at the top of this post is ©iStock.com/radenmas.