At home with the kids? Instantly access any of these printable activity bundles to keep them learning!
Last Updated on
Southwest Breakfast Pizza
2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
¼ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons canola, divided
1 cup egg substitute
2 tablespoons fat-free milk
¼ teaspoon salt
2 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 prebaked Italian bread shell crust (16 ounces)
½ cup salsa
¾ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1. In a nonstick skillet, cook hash browns, cumin, and chili powder in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until golden. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Set skillet aside for later.
2. In a bowl, beat egg substitute, milk, and salt; set aside.
3. In the same skillet, sauté the onions, peppers, and garlic in remaining oil until tender.
4. Add egg mixture to skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until almost set. Remove from heat.
5. Place crust an ungreased 14 inch pizza pan. Spread salsa over crust. Top with egg mixture. Sprinkle with hash browns and cheese. Bake at 375°F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Total Fat 12g
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 fat, 1 lean meat