Pound cake is the comfortable buddy of the cake family. If you have pound cake, you can whip up a fantastic dessert with cake topped with berries, jam, fudge, whipped cream or just about any other of your favorite sweet treats. This is a buttery pound cake recipe that we've used for picnics, holidays and as a coffee break treat.
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup evaporated milk
Pound Cake Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup fluted tube cake pan or 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan.
2. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
3. Beat sugar, butter, vanilla extract and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
4. Beat on high speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
5. Beat in flour mixture alternately with milk on low speed. Pour into pan.
6. Bake 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. Cool 20 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 40 minutes.