Andreas is a beautiful baby name that is the Greek and Latin version of Andrew. It comes from the word “andreios,” which translates to “manly.” In America, Andreas is a top 2,600 option at rank 2,503.
Meaning of the name Andreas:
Greek: strong, manly
Latin: strong, manly
Origin of the name Andreas:
The baby name Andreas translates to “strong” or “manly” in Greek and Latin. It is the Greek and Latin version of Andrew. Andrew is the English version of the word “andreios.” “Andreios” is a Greek term that is a derivative of “aner.” Andrew and Andreas became popular in the Christian church because Andrew was one of the original twelve disciples of Jesus.
Symbolism of the name Andreas:
Andreas translates to “strong” or “manly” in Greek and Latin. It comes from the Greek word “andreios,” which directly means “manly” or “masculine.” Andrew and Andreas have the same definition.
Style of the name Andreas:
Gender of the name Andreas:
Andreas is a refined name for boys or girls. It is much more popular for boys.
Pronunciation of the name Andreas:
Number of syllables in the name Andreas:
Emotion evoked from the name Andreas:
Andreas is a refined and noble baby name for boys. It is upper class and mature.
Alternative spellings for the name Andreas:
Nicknames for the name Andreas:
Popularity of the name Andreas:
Andreas was first a top 1,000 baby name in America in 1963 at rank 891. It remained on the top 1,000 list until 2008 at number 972. Andreas ranked highest in 1987 at number 813. As of 2021, Andreas is a top 2,600 option.
Related names for the name Andreas:
Great middle names for Andreas and their meanings:
- Rowan (red-haired)
- Sebastian (venerable, revered)
- Neil (champion, passionate)
- Catherine (pure)
- Cheryl (cherry fruit, beloved)
- Rosaline (tender horse, lovely rose)
- Agnus (pure, holy)
- George (farmer, earthworker)
Famous people with the name Andreas:
- Andreas Vesalius (anatomist)
- Andreas Seppi (tennis player)
- Andreas Beck (tennis player)
- Andreas Bourani (singer in Germany)
- Andreas Vinciguerra (tennis player)
- Andreas Siljestrom (tennis player)
- Andreas Haider (tennis player)
- Andreas Papandreou (former prime minister in Greece)
Andreas's in popular culture:
- Andreas Wiik (character from “The Dung Beetle Flies at Dusk”)