Azariah is a baby boy’s name of Hebrew origin that means “helped by God”. Azariah is a traditional name but it was not popular in the US until 2013. Popularity has risen every year since then.
Meaning of the name Azariah:
Hebrew: helped by God
Origin of the name Azariah:
Azariah is a Hebrew baby boy’s name that means “helped by God”. Azariah is a common name in the Hebrew Bible.
Symbolism of the name Azariah:
Azariah is the name of several figures in the Hebrew Bible. The most notable is a man that was ordered thrown into the fires by a Babylonian king.
Style of the name Azariah:
Gender of the name Azariah:
Azariah is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Azariah:
Number of syllables in the name Azariah:
Emotion evoked from the name Azariah:
Azariah evokes feelings of compassion and strength.
Alternative spellings for the name Azariah:
Nicknames for the name Azariah:
Popularity of the name Azariah:
According to the Social Security Administration, Azariah is a popular baby boy’s name. Azariah was in the top 1000 baby names list from 2013 to 2021. It peaked at #648 in 2021.
Related names for the name Azariah:
Great middle names for the name Azariah and their meanings:
- Dante (enduring)
- Isaiah (Salvation of the Lord)
- Xavier (new house)
- Ezekiel (God strengthens)
- Phoenix (dark red)
- Simon (he has heard, flat-nosed)
- Elias (Yahweh is God)
- Cyrus (sun)
Famous people with the name Azariah:
- Azariah Giles Orton (American theologian)
- Azariah ben Moses dei Rossi (Italian physician and scholar)
- Azariah Boody (U.S. Congressman from New York)
- Azariah Cutting Flagg (American editor and politician)
- Azariah Southworth (American writer and TV presenter)
Azariah in popular culture:
- ”The Book of Azariah” (literature, writings by Maria Valtorta)
- Azariah Craulnober (literature, “Forgotten Realms” franchise)
- Azariah Greenwold (video games, “Requiem for Kingsmouth”)
- Azariah Hogosha (media, “Demon Slayer”)
- Azariah (media, “Adventures in Odyssey”)