Booker is an English baby boy’s name that means “scribe” or “maker of books, bookbinder”. Booker is a vintage name that was popular from 1900 to 1966. Booker hasn’t made a comeback with other vintage names but it deserves some love for prospective parents looking for a classic name.
Meaning of the name Booker:
English: scribe, maker of books, bookbinder
Origin of the name Booker:
Booker is an English baby boy’s name that means “scribe” and “maker of bookers, bookbinder”. Booker was originally an occupational surname for a person who was a scribe or bookbinder.
Symbolism of the name Booker:
Booker means “bookbinder” or “scribe”. A scribe was a person with a clerical job responsible for keeping written records.
Style of the name Booker:
Gender of the name Booker:
Booker is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Booker:
Number of syllables in the name Booker:
Emotion evoked from the name Booker:
Booker evokes feelings of intelligence and quick-wittedness.
Alternative spellings for the name Booker:
Boker, Buker, Bouker, Boocker
Nicknames for the name Booker:
Popularity of the name Booker:
According to the Social Security Administration, Booker is a popular baby boy’s name. Booker was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1900 to 1966. It peaked at #177 in 1910.
Related names for the name Booker:
Great middle names for the name Booker and their meanings:
- Gideon (hewer, having a stump for a hand)
- Simeon (he has heard)
- Montgomery (man power, mountain power)
- Mikael (who is like God?)
- Ulysses (wrathful)
- Evander (bow warrior, strong man)
- Gannon (fair-skinned, fair-haired)
- Dimitri (follower of Demeter)
Famous people with the name Booker:
- Booker T. Washington (American educator, author, and activist)
- Booker Taliaferro Jones Jr. (American musician)
- Booker Tio Huffman Jr. (American pro wrestler)
- Booker Woodfox (American basketball player)
- Booker Jombe Parker (son of actors Thandie Newton & Ol Parker)
Booker in popular culture:
- Booker (video games, “Animal Crossing” series)
- Booker DeWitt (video game, “Bioshock Infinite”)
- Booker Brooks (television, “Roseanne”)
- Booker (television, “Monument 14”)
- Booker Kudo (television, “Case Closed”)