Cadence is a modern English name meaning “rhythm”. The name only came into use in the late 20th century. Cadence as a given name is popular among musician parents looking for an alternative to more common musical names like Aria, Melody, or Harper.
Meaning of the name Cadence:
English: rhythm, beat
Origin of the name Cadence:
Cadence is a modern English baby name meaning “rhythm, beat”. Cadence is a musical and speaking term for the way a progression of chords or notes sound together.
Symbolism of the name Cadence:
Music is the universal language, bringing people of all sorts of different people together. Cadence as a name symbolizes that unity and understanding.
Style of the name Cadence:
Gender of the name Cadence:
Cadence is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Cadence:
Number of syllables in the name Cadence:
Emotion evoked from the name Cadence:
Cadence evokes feelings of music and elegance.
Alternative spellings for the name Cadence:
Nicknames for the name Cadence:
Popularity of the name Cadence:
According to the Social Security Administration, Cadence is a modern baby name that first became popular in 2002. It peaked in popularity at #199 in 2007.
Related names for the name Cadence:
Great middle names for the name Cadence and their meanings:
- Blair (dweller on the plain)
- Celeste (heavenly)
- Daphne (laurel tree, bay tree)
- Olivia (olive tree)
- Emma (universal)
- Astrid (divinely beautiful)
- Aurelia (the golden one)
- Elodie (foreign riches)
- Maeve (she who intoxicates)
- Maisie (pearl)
- Alys (noble)
- Charlotte (free man)
- Lucy (light)
Famous people with the name Cadence:
- Cadence Weapon (Canadian rap artist)
- Cadence Phillips (daughter of Scott Phillips of Creed)
- Cadence Bridges (daughter of rapper Ludacris)
Cadences in popular culture:
- Cadence Nash (television, “The Troop”)
- Cadence Flaherty (film “American Wedding”)
- Cadence (film “Shallow Hal”)
- Princess Cadence (television, “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic”)