Carli is a fun and upbeat baby name for girls. Modern in tone, Carli is a viable alternative spelling of the more commonly used Carly. The name has also fit seamlessly into cultures throughout Europe. Carli D'Amato is the name of a main character on the sitcom The Inbetweeners, and Carli Palace is the name of a beautiful fortress in Koper, Slovenia. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Carli:
Germanic: Free man, army man, warrior
Origin of the name Carli:
Carli is an alternative spelling of Carly. This name originated as the feminine variation of Carl. The name Carl originates from either the German name Karl (meaning “free man”) or the Old Germanic element hari (meaning “warrior”).
Symbolism of the name Carli:
Carli is a variation of Carly (meaning “free man”). The European symbol of liberty is the glowing torch.
Style of the name Carli:
Gender of the name Carli:
Carli is a girl's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Carli:
Number of syllables in the name Carli:
Emotion evoked from the name Carli:
The name Carli evokes feelings of fearlessness and freedom.
Alternative spellings for the name Carli:
Nicknames for the name Carli:
Popularity of the name Carli:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Carli was the 986th most popular baby name for girls in 2004.
Related names for the name Carli:
Great middle names for Carli and their meanings:
- Anastasia (resurrection)
- Bellerose (beautiful rose)
- Dionne (follower of Dionysus, child of heaven)
- Evangeline (good news)
- Fiona (fair)
- Jules (youthful)
- Morgana (sea chieftain)
- Nicole (victory of the people
- Shayne (God is gracious)
- Sinclair (pure, renowned, illustrious)
- Talia (dew of heaven, lamb, bloom)
- Wynter (cold season)
Famous people with the name Carli:
- Carli Biessels (Dutch writer)
- Carli Bybel (YouTuber)
- Carli Fragala (TikTok personality)
- Carli Hermès (photographer)
- Carli Anne Hollins (soccer player)
- Carli Ellen Lloyd (volleyball player)
- Carli Mosier (singer)
- Carli Jo Norris (actress)
- Carli Tornehave (singer)
Carli in popular culture:
- Carli D'Amato (character in the sitcom The Inbetweeners)
- Carli Palace (fortress in Koper, Slovenia)