Elaina is a baby girl’s name that means “bright, shining light”. It is a less common variant of the name Elena but is a beautiful alternative spelling.
Meaning of the name Elaina:
English: bright, shining light
Origin of the name Elaina:
Elaina is an English girl’s name that means “bright, shining light”. Elaina is derived from the name Elaine and ultimately the name Helen.
Symbolism of the name Elaina:
Elaina has a meaning that is bright and beautiful, a guiding light to all of those around her.
Style of the name Elaina:
Gender of the name Elaina:
Elaina is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Elaina:
Number of syllables in the name Elaina:
Emotion evoked from the name Elaina:
Elaina evokes feelings of refinement and kindness.
Alternative spellings for the name Elaina:
Elena, Eleina, Alaina
Nicknames for the name Elaina:
Popularity of the name Elaina:
According to the Social Security Administration, Elaina is a common girl’s baby name that first became popular in 1964. The name has gotten more popular over time and sits at #249 as of 2020.
Related names for the name Elaina:
Great middle names for the name Elaina and their meanings:
- Claire (bright, clear)
- Adelaide (noble)
- Amelie (work)
- Gabriella (God is my strength)
- Seren (star or sail mast)
- Manon (bitter)
- Johanna (God is gracious)
- Esme (beloved)
- Violet (purple)
- Coralie (coral)
- Selene (moon goddess)
- Theia (goddess)
Famous people with the name Elaina:
- Elaina Oden (American volleyball player)
- Elena “Ellie” Goulding (English singer)
- Elena Sergeevna “Lena” Katina (Russian singer)
- Elena Kagan (U.S. Supreme Court Justice)
- Elena Alexandrovna Likhovtseva (Russian tennis player)
Elaina in popular culture:
- Elena Gilbert (television, The Vampire Diaries series)
- Elena “Helene” Vasilyevna Kuragina (literature, “War and Peace” by Leo Tolstoy)
- Elena Ramos (television, “Dallas”)
- Elena Fisher (video game, “Uncharted”)
- Elena (video game, “Final Fantasy VII”)